Christian Lacroix SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Christian Lacroix analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Christian Lacroix SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Christian Lacroix to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Christian Lacroix is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Christian Lacroix SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Christian Lacroix SWOT Analysis:
For Christian Lacroix, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Christian Lacroix Strengths
The strengths of Christian Lacroix looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Christian Lacroix :
1. Niche premium segment clothing catering to people who have lived fashion
2. The brand epitomizes the eighties through the designer's use of sumptuous fabrics (velvet, satin, taffeta) and overlapping patterns (patchwork, stripes).
3.Brand has establish itself with associations with leading global celebrities
4. The brand has diversified into product lines like Fragrances, Home, Handbags, and Shoes
5. Around the world, Lacroix has 1,000 total points of sale.
Christian Lacroix Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Christian Lacroix SWOT Analysis:
1. Sometimes perceived as an extremely expensive product
2. Competition from existing brands means more brand switching
3. The brand has not been able to generate profits
Christian Lacroix Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Christian Lacroix SWOT Analysis:
1. Partnered with Avon cosmetics to introduce a new fragrance exclusive to Avon 2.Global markets in Europe and China and other emerging economies 3. Penetration of e-commerce i.e. sales made online is growing 4. Tie-ups with fashion houses and retail chains
Christian Lacroix Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Christian Lacroix are as mentioned:
1. Economic fluctuations affect apparel retail business 2. Competition and changing fashion trends is a major challenge 3. Increasing awareness and penetration of competitive brands
Christian Lacroix Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Christian Lacroix:
Glamorous, expensive-looking, and unapologetically dramatic clothes
Christian Lacroix STP
Women with a taste for panache and designer label belonging to premium class
Women from the urban upper class
Couture clothing line with French detailing
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Christian Lacroix. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute