Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of HMT Watches analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In HMT Watches SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like HMT Watches to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. HMT Watches is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the HMT Watches SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top HMT Watches competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the most established and prominent watch brands in India
HMT Watches STP
Mass Market looking for watches and accessories
Lower and Middle income groups
Reliable and quality product for the masses
SWOT Analysis of HMT Watches
HMT Watches Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of HMT Watches:
1. Market leader in Mechanical watches 2. ‘Honest’ Brand Image with excellent brand equity
3. High Emotional connect with its customers 4. One of the most trusted names in the Indian watch industry 5. Advertising and marketing with celebrities add more value to the products 6. Also has an expertise in tower clocks, solar clocks and population clocks
HMT Watches Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the HMT Watches SWOT Analysis:
1. Entry of international and other brands has restricted its market share 2. Brand has been unable to reposition with the changing times 3. Limited global presence as compared to some other international brands
HMT Watches Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in HMT Watches SWOT Analysis:
1. Can leverage its reliable image by right advertising 2. Product range can be expanded to more market segments 3. Global penetration would help brand grow and target youth worldwide
HMT Watches Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of HMT Watches are as mentioned:
1. Declining demand of Mechanical Watches 2. Lack of innovation in design can lead to decline in sales 3. With lots of options available, brand switching is quite high
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HMT Watches. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute