Lee Cooper SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Lee Cooper, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lee Cooper to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Lee Cooper is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Lee Cooper SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lee Cooper SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Lee Cooper, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lee Cooper looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lee Cooper :
1. Strong brand presence of over 100 years all over the world in 85 countries with over 4000 points of sale.
2. The brand has diversified into footwear, eyewear and other apparel lines to emerge as a complete lifestyle brand.
3. Self- procurement and manufacturing and manufacturing facilities in many countries through strategic licensing have helped the brand maintain the economies of scale.
4. Excellent advertising and good brand recall
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lee Cooper SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has overstretched its portfolio due to its diversification into various product lines but the majority of the revenue is generated from denim wear.
2. High brand switching due to many options for customers affects sales
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lee Cooper SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can tap relatively unsaturated emerging markets like India, Africa which would be a great boost for the brand.
2. The brand can foray into e-tailing which has emerged as effective medium.
3. The brand can also work on eco advertising campaigns which are currently a highlight for lifestyle brands.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lee Cooper are as mentioned:
1. Changes in exchange rates comes a serious a concern as its affects foot-traffic and sales globally.
2. The highly fragmented fashion industry involves low brand loyalty and high bargaining power of buyers.
3. The recent slowdown in European markets too can affect the brand as it is the premier denim wear brand in Europe.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Lee Cooper:
Hence this concludes the Lee Cooper SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Lee Cooper Overview|
Apparel and Accessories
Dedicated To Style; Since 1908
A brand dedicated to style.
|Lee Cooper STP|
Urban upper and upper middle class youth.
Fashion conscious youth in the age group of 15-30 years.
Exclusive fashion for youth.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lee Cooper. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us