Casio SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Casio, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Casio to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Casio is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Casio SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Casio SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Casio, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Casio looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Casio :
1. CasiosG-Shock, Baby-G, Edifice and Pathfinder as sub-brands are targeted for different groups and marketed accordingly. Thus, targeting for each sub group is clear and focussed.
2. Casio is been positioned as being technology advanced. Casio designedworld’s first LCD watch having a full auto calendar. This, with many other innovations are synonymous with the brand image
3. Casio has sponsored events in the area of sports that can prove beneficial to the brand image
4. Considered value for money and excellent quality
5. Casio brand is protected with 1,900+ registered trademarks in 180+ countries around the world
6. More than 11000 people are employed with the organization
7. Electronic musical instruments from Casio are extremely popular among customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Casio SWOT Analysis:
1. Perceived more as a watch brand than as an electronics brand
2. Intense competition in the segment means limited market share of Casio
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Casio SWOT Analysis:
1. Tie-up with fashion houses and sponsoring events
2. More innovative designs and styles to attract the youth
3. More advertising can boost the market share of Casio brand and its products
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Casio are as mentioned:
1. Facing threat of counterfeit Casio products
2. Competition in watches with the ‘sport look’ in the market is heavily populated and can prove to be a threat
3. Fluctuating market prices and government policies can reduce market share
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Casio:
Hence this concludes the Casio SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Watches and Accessories
Technology for life
Advancements in timepiece technology
Middle Income men and women
Urban Upper middle class Youth
Casio watches that are technologically advanced
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Casio. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us