Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of K Swiss analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In K Swiss SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like K Swiss to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. K Swiss is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the K Swiss SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the K Swiss SWOT Analysis:
For K Swiss, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
K Swiss Strengths
The strengths of K Swiss looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of K Swiss :
1. The brand has seen popularity since 1966.
2. The brand keeps on marketing its products in innovative ways by videos and website which has led to a sudden increase in its popularity.
3. The brand has a diverse portfolio including shoes for running and other sports, apparels for sports and jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, track jackets, tee shirts, caps, socks and bags for both men and women
4. The brand is known for its invention-K Swiss tubes, a light weight running shoes providing lightness and comfort.
5. The customer can reach the product through various channels like departmental stores, sports shops and e commerce website.
6. The brand has sports stars brand ambassadors
K Swiss Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the K Swiss SWOT Analysis:
1. The company does not have its stores in developing countries like India.
2.The company does not have any long-term manufacturing agreements with manufacturing units located at various parts of the world like China , Taiwan etc
K Swiss Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in K Swiss SWOT Analysis:
1. The company should make long term agreements with manufacturing units to reduce backlog and other issues. 2. Increase global penetration 3. Tie-ups with sports academies, schools etc
K Swiss Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of K Swiss are as mentioned:
1. Similar products available in other brands.
2. The company might face trade barriers and currency fluctuations since it imports all the products from its manufacturing units.
K Swiss Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of K Swiss:
The brand is known for their top quality running shoes
K Swiss STP
Men and women sporting casual sports apparels
Urban men and women from upper0middle and upper class
leading worldwide designer, marketer, and distributor of sports, fitness, and casual footwear and apparel
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to K Swiss. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute