Louis Vuitton SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Louis Vuitton, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Louis Vuitton to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Louis Vuitton is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Louis Vuitton SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Louis Vuitton SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Louis Vuitton, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Louis Vuitton looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Louis Vuitton :
1. Louis Vuitton is one of the oldest fashion houses with more than 150 years of history
2. Louis Vuitton brand is easily recognizable because of its logo and monogram canvas on most of its products
3. The brand has its presence in most of the large shopping hubs and multi-retail brands of the world
4. The brand is available exclusively in more than 450 stores in 50+ countries
5. Louis Vuitton also makes custom tailored products for its few elite customers
6. The brand has a clientele including international celebrities
7. Extremely high brand recall and global presence
8. Advertising and marketing using celebrities like sports stars, film stars are effective
9. Louis Vuitton has more than 10,000 employees globally
10. The company has been recognized regularly as one of the most valuable & luxury brands
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Louis Vuitton SWOT Analysis:
1. Immense competition in the segment makes market share growth for Louis Vuitton slow
2. Fake imitations affects brand reputation and hurt sales
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Louis Vuitton SWOT Analysis:
1.The company needs to adopt the current fashion trends to stay in business
2. Louis Vuitton can engage customers online and increase business through ecommerce platforms
3. Expansion of the brand into emerging economies targeting rich people with affluent lifestyles
4. Tie-ups with leading hotel chains, fashion houses, lifestyle events etc can boost business for Louis Vuitton
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Louis Vuitton are as mentioned:
1. Fake products all around the world affects the business
2. Economic crisis, pandemics and recession can adversely affect Louis Vuitton's business
3. Government policies on international trade can slowdown operations
4. Increasing competitor activity can lead to decline of sales for Louis Vuitton
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Louis Vuitton:
4. Ralph Lauren
8. Hugo Boss
9. Hermes International
11. Valentino S.P.A
Hence this concludes the Louis Vuitton SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Louis Vuitton Overview|
Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH)
Apparel and accessories
The Louis Vuitton brand is known for its stylish elegant luxurious bags
|Louis Vuitton STP|
Rich working women having a taste for clean cuts n designs in bags and apparels.
Premium segment urban men and women
Elegant and modern apparels and accessories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Louis Vuitton. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us