Breitling SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Breitling, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Breitling to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Breitling is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Breitling SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Breitling SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Breitling, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Breitling looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Breitling :
1. The brand has a positioning of being a watchmaker that makes aviation quality watches and has a very powerful brand association with the industry
2. Breitling has sponsored the Breitling Jet Team which is the largest civilian aerobatic display team in Europe – in line with the brands positioning and brand image
3. The Breitling for Bentley exclusive collection of watches extremely popular and benefitted the brand
4. Extremely popular top of the mind brand
5. Very good advertising and brand visibility through TVCs and print ad campaigns
6. Breitling has a strong legacy since its inception in 1884
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Breitling SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition is high hence brand switching is quite dominant in this segment
2. Breitling brand has not been able to establish presence and has been unable to capture the markets as its perceived to be expensive
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Breitling SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can explore different product segment and sports sponsorships to widen its target group and positioning of being aviation and marine specific
2. Breitling can find opportunities in developing economies that have shown high growth in the luxury watch segment
3. Breitling being professionally oriented can explore different opportunities apart from the aviation industry for its marketing communication
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Breitling are as mentioned:
1. Breitling's competitors enjoy higher brand recall leading to the threat the consumer of switching over to them
2. The brand is very niche which may threaten their sales with competitors that launch collections or product range that concerns the target audience
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of Breitling:
2. TAG Heuer
16. Ulysse Nardin
Hence this concludes the Breitling SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Watches and Accessories
Instruments for professionals
Breitling watches that are as accurate and as rugged as required by aviation and marine industry
High Income segment
High Income Men and Women
Breitling offers accurate and indestructible watches made for aviation and marine professionals
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Breitling. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us