Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 05, 2021
SWOT analysis of Ralph Lauren analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ralph Lauren SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ralph Lauren to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ralph Lauren is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Ralph Lauren SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ralph Lauren SWOT Analysis:
For Ralph Lauren, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Ralph Lauren Strengths
The strengths of Ralph Lauren looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ralph Lauren :
1.The brand has various sub brands like Polo by Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren, Black Label, Blue Label, Lauren by Ralph Lauren etc each specializing into a product.
2.The company has a high brand recognition and customer loyalty
3. Polo Ralph Lauren has a low debt to capital ratio that provides financial strength, which allows for future growth.
4. The company reaches wide customer base through its relationship with large department stores from Europe to Asia and America, and more than 20,000+ employees
5. Ralph Lauren's retail segment has nearly 500 retail and factory outlet stores worldwide, as well as the company's online store.
6.Ralph Lauren sponsors Wimbledon and dresses all of the line and ball girls and boys in their brand clothing, clearly showing the iconic and memorable horse design
7. Excellent advertising and branding makes it a high brand recall brand
8. The brand has also perfumes, watches, fine jewellery etc
9. Since its inception in 1967, the brand has a strong & classic legacy of being a premium brand
10. The company has a strong financial position, with annual revenues more than $150 billion
11. Ralph Lauren company has also contributed to the society through its philanthropic arm
12. The brand has a good presence online via social media engagement, online ad campaigns and digital marketing
Ralph Lauren Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ralph Lauren SWOT Analysis:
1.Being an international brand, fluctuating exchange rates have a substantial impact on sales and also piracy and fake imitations are an issue
2.Ralph Lauren faces trouble from fake imitations which affects brand name and business
Ralph Lauren Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ralph Lauren SWOT Analysis:
1. Internet sales as a prime source of future growth can be looked by the company
2. Ralph Lauren can concentrate on development of private labels with department stores
3. The brand can advertise more to tap market especially in emerging economies
4. Tie-ups with fashion houses, hotel chains to boost business among elite clients
Ralph Lauren Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ralph Lauren are as mentioned:
1. Similar products available in other brands thus switching cost is less
2. Global currency fluctuations affect performance
3. Popular brands of Ralph Lauren face an issue of fake imitations
Ralph Lauren Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Ralph Lauren:
Ralph Lauren company is known for its wide range of products ranging from home décor to clothing.
Ralph Lauren STP
Classy urban premium apparel and accessories
Men and women from the urban premium class
Ralph Lauren is a one stop shop for home décor, clothing and accessories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ralph Lauren. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute