Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Baume & Mercier analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Baume & Mercier SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Baume & Mercier to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Baume & Mercier is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Baume & Mercier SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Baume & Mercier SWOT Analysis:
For Baume & Mercier, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Baume & Mercier Strengths
The strengths of Baume & Mercier looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Baume & Mercier :
1. The brands campaign Baume& Mercier& me was successful in building an effective brand image in the minds of the consumer
2. The brand has resorted to innovative marketing campaigns on digital mediums that have proved to be popular with the consumers
3. The special edition watches of Baume &Mercier are coveted among watch collectors
4. The brand has benefitted from the resources, marketing experience and the luxury brand image of the Richemont group
Baume & Mercier Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Baume & Mercier SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand does not have a brand recall as high as its competitors
2. Brand sales are affected by fake replicas
Baume & Mercier Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Baume & Mercier SWOT Analysis:
1. With its unique positioning, the brand can resort to extensive promotions, marketing and sponsorships to increase its brand recall among the consumers
2. The brand can improve its position in the luxury segment of developing economies by different startegies
3. Tie-ups with fashion houses and celebrities
Baume & Mercier Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Baume & Mercier are as mentioned:
1. Competitors with high brand recall threaten the sales and the brand awareness of the brand
2. The luxury segment in Swiss watchmaking is crowded with many known brands which are more ‘cost effective’ as they are considered to have high brand worth
Baume & Mercier Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Baume & Mercier:
Aesthetically designed watches that are high quality
Baume & Mercier STP
Luxury watches Segment
High Income Men and women
A watch that is part of life’s unique moments
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Baume & Mercier. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute