Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of O Neill analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In O Neill SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like O Neill to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. O Neill is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the O Neill SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top O Neill competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of O Neill:
1.The brand has a legacy of half a century and is attributed to be the pioneers of the modern wet-suits which create a special place for the brand in this segment with it having a 60% share in surf-wear in the world. 2. The brand is present across the world through MBO’s with leading retailers with every retailer stocking up a particular category for the brand. 3. The brand’s Sea Odyssey program to educate youth about the maritime environment has been a great success. 4. The brand has diversified into various other clothing lines like casual wear thereby extending brand portfolio.
5. The brand is the biggest sponsor of sports events like Big Mountain Pro, World-Cup of Surfing.
O Neill Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the O Neill SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has not been able to make a great impact on overseas markets and is primarily big only in the American markets. 2.The brand does not have flagship stores or an online store which limits the long-time prospects
O Neill Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in O Neill SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can start an online store selling select merchandise online. 2. The brand can foray into overseas markets with exclusive stores which improves brand visibility. 3. The brand can start Sea programs like Odyssey in emerging markets.
4. The brand can outsource its production units in order to maintain the economies of scale in the long-run.
O Neill Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of O Neill are as mentioned:
1. The brand faces the largest threat of environmental regulations which is a threat. 2. The brand also faces the dilemma of currency fluctuations across the world which can cause serious scale issues. 3.The recent slowdown in global markets can affect the sales in a big way.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to O Neill. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute