Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dillards analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dillards SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dillards to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dillards is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Dillards SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dillards SWOT Analysis:
For Dillards, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dillards looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dillards :
1. Dillards has over 30000 employees in the organization
2. Dillards is present in clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products and housewares categories of products
3. Revenue performance of the company is good with a good financial position
4. Dillards has close to 300 stores spread all across USA
5. Acquisitions have helped the company sustain competition and grow in the retail business in USA
6. Dillards is present on the NYSE, which shows its strong financial position
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dillards SWOT Analysis:
1. Business of Dillards is limited only to USA as compared to some of its global competitors
2.Highly competitive market means limited market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dillards SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies can help Dillards grow
2. Acquisition of smaller retail chains to boost its business
3. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
4. Offering online shopping as an option to drive its sales
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dillards are as mentioned:
1. Increasing preference of customer to shop online can affects its business
2. Dillards faces tough competition from other retail chains as well as ecommerce platforms
3. Government policies and unfavorable economic conditions can affect its business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Dillards:
Dillards offers a wide variety of multi-brand accessories available
Clothing and fashion accessories retail store
Middle and upper middle class women
Dillards is a leading department store chain in the United States
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dillards. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute