Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dollar Tree analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dollar Tree SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dollar Tree to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dollar Tree is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Dollar Tree SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dollar Tree competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Dollar Tree SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
An American chain of discount variety stores offering discounted prices
SWOT Analysis of Dollar Tree
Dollar Tree Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dollar Tree:
1. Operates 4,400 stores throughout the U.S and in Canada 2. A Fortune 500 company 3. More than 55,000 employees 4. Dollar Tree stocks a variety of products including national, regional, and private-label brands
5. The company also operates a multi price-point variety chain under the name Deal$
6.Operates in Party Supplies, Food and Snacks, Health and Beauty Care Products, Seasonal, Housewares, Toys
7. The company began accepting manufacturer's coupons at all of its store locations in order to provide increased savings and value to its customers
Dollar Tree Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Dollar Tree SWOT Analysis:
1.Turnover is very low and Margins are very less 2. Despite strong presence in Americas, it lacks global penetration
3. Case of recalled products affected image
Dollar Tree Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Dollar Tree SWOT Analysis:
1. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
2. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
3. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
Dollar Tree Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dollar Tree are as mentioned:
1.Increased threat of private labels 2.Slow year on year growth 3.High crude oil prices impacting raw material
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dollar Tree. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute