Kohls SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Kohls, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kohls to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Kohls is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Kohls SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Kohls SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Kohls, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Kohls looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kohls :
1. Kohls has over 1000+ stores & has entered the S&P 500 & NYSE list
2. The chain is one of the 20 largest retailer in the United States
3. More than 100,000+ people are employed with Kohls
4. Revenue performance and financial position is high year on year
5. Kohls stores feature nationally recognized brand-name merchandise, exclusive labels, and private-branded goods
6. Present in Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, electronics, and housewares.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Kohls SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition means constant challenge of retaining customers and market share
2. Limited global presence of Kohls specially in emerging economies
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Kohls SWOT Analysis:
1.Disposable income is increasing of the customers
2. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller retail chains can boost business of Kohls
4. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kohls are as mentioned:
1. More capital required for rapid expansion plan
2. Increasing raw material prices of goods
3. Unfavorable govt policies and increasing competition can reduce business of Kohls
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Kohls:
2. Coles Group
4. Target Corporation
7. Sams Club
8. JC Penney
Hence this concludes the Kohls SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Expect great things
Kohls is an American department store chain which started as a corner store
Departmental stores with clothing electronics and accessories
Upper middle and upper class individuals
Kohls is a complete store for American families
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kohls. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us