Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sports Direct analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sports Direct SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sports Direct to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sports Direct is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Sports Direct SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sports Direct competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Customers get more for their money through being fit, socialize or simply enjoy the products
SWOT Analysis of Sports Direct
Sports Direct Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sports Direct:
1. UK’s number one sports retailer with over 470 stores. 2. Trusted brand as it had been for over decades 3. Tie-up with large number of famous sports brands like Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc 4. Long list of renowned subsidiaries like Slazenger, Lilywhites, USC, etc
5. Savvy price strategy that hits the mark with consumer, thus increasing the credibility of the retailer
6. Low staff turnover: Company pays high bonuses to floor staff and managers
7. Strong online presence with the tagline 24HR delivery, this gives access to customers to get the products delivered to their home
Sports Direct Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Sports Direct SWOT Analysis:
1. Sports industry is a highly competitive market which result in slow growth in market share 2. Company operates under low margins which creates doubt about future profitability
Sports Direct Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Sports Direct SWOT Analysis:
1. With the economic problems in EuroZone rumbling on, company has exciting opportunity to establish itself in Eastern and Western Europe 2. Company follows aggressive strategy in acquiring brands across Europe which gives it opportunity to reach customers across segments
Sports Direct Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sports Direct are as mentioned:
1. Rising cost of raw material can affect revenue vastly, since the firm operates at low profit margin 2. Tax changing policy due to Eurozone crisis can adversely affects the functioning 3. Development of new digital technology can cause strong technological problems.
Sports Direct Competition
Sports Direct Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sports Direct:
1. Foot Locker, Inc. 2. JJB Sports plc 3. Snow & Rock Sports Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sports Direct. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute