Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cotswold Outdoor analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cotswold Outdoor SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cotswold Outdoor to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cotswold Outdoor is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Cotswold Outdoor SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cotswold Outdoor SWOT Analysis:
For Cotswold Outdoor, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Cotswold Outdoor Strengths
The strengths of Cotswold Outdoor looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cotswold Outdoor :
1. Brand Heritage of being a 3 decade old outdoor retailer 2. Own 70+ stores, making them market leaders in this oligopoly 3. High Profit Margin enables them to diversify into different markets with similar products 4. Recommended retailer for the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme
7.Actively supports local communities and groups thus establishing good ties with outdoor activity groups
8. Award-winning website and exclusive stockist of many popular products
9. Competitive Pricing (Offers to match prices of any competitor)
Cotswold Outdoor Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cotswold Outdoor SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share and less marketing compared to globa competitors
4.In-store staff requires extensive training and expense and hence attrition can be a problem
Cotswold Outdoor Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cotswold Outdoor SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity to enter outdoor sports market because of similar market with different products 2. Move out of UK into another western country with disposable income and a culture of outdoor activity 3. Go into more personalized service (leverage the trained sales staff)
4. Diversification into outdoor fitness training
5. Develop new innovative products to capture the market
6. Developing a synergy through more partnerships with outdoor groups
7. Build better relationship and loyalty among customers through sponsorships of outdoor sports and events
Cotswold Outdoor Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cotswold Outdoor are as mentioned:
1. Weather conditions are a direct threat to outdoor retailers with sales being significantly hit in bad weather years 2. Larger and more dominant businesses like Tresspass and Tog 24 with more stores and longer heritage 3. Growing urbanization is driving down outdoor activity
4. Margin compression from online competitors
5. Declining youth participation in core outdoor activities
Over 3 decades of experience in selling outdoor equipment; Expert training to staff; Expert Boot-fitting, Rucksack Fitting
Cotswold Outdoor STP
People doing outdoor leisure/adventure activities
Physically Active families, Adventurous People, Holiday Makers,Duke of Edinburgh's Award candidates
Price (Competitive Pricing), People – Expert trained staff
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cotswold Outdoor. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute