Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of H-E-B analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In H-E-B SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like H-E-B to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. H-E-B is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the H-E-B SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the H-E-B SWOT Analysis:
For H-E-B, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of H-E-B looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of H-E-B :
1. Over 350+ H-E-B stores across the State of Texas and northern Mexico 2. From its pre-tax profits, it donates 5% to charity 3. Closed on Sundays and is a religious company 4. Over 100 years in the retail sector with over 75,000+ employees
5. Some stores have additional services such as Bakery, Bank, Beauty Advisor, etc.
6. H-E-B plus! : caters electronics, kitchenware and outdoor equipment
7. Most of the stores have an attached pharmacy
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the H-E-B SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong presence in Texas but very few stores in the other states 2. Very few stores have Bakery, toys or linen 3. Intense competition means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in H-E-B SWOT Analysis:
1. H-E-B can expand outside Texas in US and abroad as well
2. Home delivery in localities is very convenient to customers 3. Customer loyalty programs help retain loyalty
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of H-E-B are as mentioned:
1. Departmental stores have more variety to choose from 2. Local mom and pop stores can affect business of H-E-B 3. Specialized bakeries, restaurants and pharmacies
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of H-E-B:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to H-E-B. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute