Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of ShopRite analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ShopRite SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ShopRite to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ShopRite is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the ShopRite SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the ShopRite SWOT Analysis:
For ShopRite, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of ShopRite looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ShopRite :
1. A large variety of ShopRite products available at the stores 2. Greater importance to organic products as compared to other discount stores 3. Almost 300 stores covering the northeastern US 4. Largest retailer-owned cooperative in the USA
5. Strong backing from parent company - Wakefern
6. Online purchase and home delivery
7. Other amenities such as pharmacy and also wine & spirits
8. Organize purchases with ShopRite mobile app
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the ShopRite SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence restricted to the eastern coast of US means limited market share 2. Revenues and profits are limited compared to retail giants
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in ShopRite SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase geographical presence to the neighbouring states 2. Calorie specific rating of essential foods for the health conscious 3. Expansion into large format stores in the cities
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ShopRite are as mentioned:
1. Smaller towns have a number of mom and pop stores 2. Dedicated stores for organic products, pharmacies, toy stores, etc 3. Large number of online retail players in the US market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of ShopRite:
We're All About Food. We're All About Savings. We're All About You.; This is Your Neighborhood...This is Your ShopRite
Health and wellness together under one roof
City dwelling busy working class for whom time is money
Thrill the shoppers with offers and various means to purchase such as mobile app, online, home delivery.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ShopRite. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute