Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Save-On-Foods analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Save-On-Foods SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Save-On-Foods to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Save-On-Foods is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Save-On-Foods SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Save-On-Foods SWOT Analysis:
For Save-On-Foods, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Save-On-Foods looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Save-On-Foods :
1. Credible brand: About 100 years old 2. Distribution network: Stores are located in about 90 cities across the country 3. Stores carry both standard brand names and private label brands, such as Western Family, Western Classics, etc 4. Local Touch: Each store are designed after understanding local demand. For example some stores provide nutrition tours, health clinics, etc
5. Stores ensures high customer engagement through effective saving schemes. Programs like More Rewards in which company provide store’s loyalty card which is accepted not only at all the chain’s stores but also at all Chevron Gas Station, etc
6. Programs like community support and every kid’s dream results in high brand loyalty
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Save-On-Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. Online purchase service is not available 2. Low Margins due to price wars leading to dip in profits 3. Primary focus is on grocery, customer need to go to other stores for other products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Save-On-Foods SWOT Analysis:
1. New products and services can be launch to cater new segment 2. Growth rates and profibality 3. Company can enter into new markets globally to increase its customer base
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Save-On-Foods are as mentioned:
1. Large retail players entering into smaller markets 2. Government regulations and unexpected problems 3. Rising cost of raw materials
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Save-On-Foods:
You can find everything you need at low prices you want
Quality conscious middle class individuals
Quality, selection and service that one can’t put a price on
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Save-On-Foods. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute