Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Trader Joe’s analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Trader Joe’s SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Trader Joe’s to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Trader Joe’s is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Trader Joe’s SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Trader Joe’s competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Trader Joe’s:
1. Credible brand: More than 50+ years old 2. Distribution network: Chain has more than 400 stores across the country 3. Supply Chain: Trader Joes obtain the right resources from suppliers and delivery the right product to customers in a timely manner 4. Unique Products: Chain can charge higher prices for their products, because consumers can’t get those products elsewhere
5. Customer Loyalty: When given a choice, customers are loyal to Trader Joes. Instead of targeting all customers, chain only needs to target new customers in order to grow their business
6. Strong Brand Name: This gives firm the ability to charge higher prices for their products because consumers place additional value in the brand
Trader Joe’s Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Trader Joe’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Product recalls has affected the brand image a few times 2. Geographic limitation means low market share 3. Limited Selection: Although the brand carries high-quality items, the store is not consider the your "One Stop Shop"
Trader Joe’s Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Trader Joe’s SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding markets for private labels 2. Growing demand for organic foods 3. Online Market: The online market offers Trader Joes the ability to greatly expand their business
4. International Expansion: International markets offer Trader Joes new opportunities to expand the business and increase sales
Trader Joe’s Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Trader Joe’s are as mentioned:
1. Rising manpower cost 2. Substitute product: The availability of substitute products hurts chains ability to raise prices 3. Intense Competition
Trader Joe’s Competition
Trader Joe’s Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Trader Joe’s:
1. The Kroger Co. 2. Whole Foods Market, Inc. 3. Safeway Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Trader Joe’s. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute