Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Wegmans analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Wegmans SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Wegmans to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Wegmans is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Wegmans SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Wegmans competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leading since 1979, Wegmans dominates the US grocery market offering basic commodities and food products at a very low price.
People who have irregular working hours or work shifts and might go for impromptu purchases
Working class professionals who want to buy everyday items like groceries, toiletries, drinks even during a weekend and also late at night as per their convenient time.
Wegmans positions itself as follows :- We care about the well-being and success of every person. High standards are a way of life. We pursue excellence in everything we do. We make a difference in every community we serve. We respect and listen to our people. We empower our people to make decisions that improve their work and benefit our customers and our company. “
SWOT Analysis of Wegmans
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Wegmans:
1. Leading since 1979, Wegmans dominates the US grocery market offering basic commodities and food products at a very low price. 2. Has been ranked as the Best grocery store and among the 100 best companies to work for, creating uge brand value. 3. Also launched line of healthy products “Food you feel good about”, imported and canned products and line of organic products called “six dollar meals”. 4. Also offers additional attractive services to the customers like florist, catering, gift ideas, recipes and shopping lists etc.
Here are the weaknesses in the Wegmans SWOT Analysis:
1. The range of food offered is limited compared to other supermarkets which limit the options available to consumers. 2.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets and grocery stores which might limit the target group
3.Low brand awareness and less market share of the company
Following are the Opportunities in Wegmans SWOT Analysis:
1. More young professionals living away from home and working long hours prefer frozen food. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2. Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – more ready to eat foods 3. Expand network, wider product range and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores offering more wide variety of products.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Wegmans are as mentioned:
1. Robbery attempts and other threats lead to concerns for property loss. 2. Intense competition from corner stores, supermarkets, grocery stores and host of other convenience stores. 3.Lack of large scale space leading to merger of many convenience stores and increase in competition due to merger of many convenience stores.
1) Walmart stores Inc. 2) The Golub Corporation 3) Tops Holding Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wegmans. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute