Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Marshalls analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Marshalls SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Marshalls to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Marshalls is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Marshalls SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Marshalls competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Marshalls:
1. U.S.'s second largest off-price family apparel and home fashion retailer 2. Great deals on designer items which attracts customers 3. They have excellent shoe collection which is one of the attractions amongst the customers 4. The electronic gadgets collection is also a major attraction amongst the customers
5. Recession in the economy affects people’s spending habits and hence increases customer base of such stores
6. The volatility of American economy drives people to the off-price stores
Here are the weaknesses in the Marshalls SWOT Analysis:
1. Less brand awareness and low reach is a big concern 2. Cases of alleged slow customer service, which sometimes leads to dissatisfaction amongst the customers
Following are the Opportunities in Marshalls SWOT Analysis:
1. Recession in the economy will increase the customer base of this store 2. Expansion in to other countries 3. Introduce the sunglasses and jewellery collection in the store
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Marshalls are as mentioned:
1. Relatively little control over the assortment of the merchandise in its stores 2. Threat from Walmart providing same products at less price
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Marshalls. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute