Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bain & Company analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bain & Company SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bain & Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bain & Company is one of the leading brands in the management & consulting sector.
The article below lists the Bain & Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bain & Company SWOT Analysis:
For Bain & Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Bain & Company Strengths
The strengths of Bain & Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bain & Company :
1. Bain & Co are leaders in PE, Mergers & Acquisitions and financial services consulting firm
2. Bain & Co has a strong highly qualified workforce of over 5000 employees
3. It has nearly 50 offices in over 30 countries
4. It has a strong brand presence in the field of consulting
5. The clients of Bain & Company include companies, governments, nonprofit organizations etc
6. Bain & Co has won several awards and is one of the best places to work
Bain & Company Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bain & Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Bain's geographical reach is limited in emerging economies as compared to the big consulting firms
2. Alleged controversies in Value partners and Guinness affected image
Bain & Company Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bain & Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Bain & Company have more opportunities in Asia and growing economies
2. Diversification in the fields of consulting to increase reach
3. More penetration in current sectors can increase business
4. Acquisition of smaller firms and tie-ups can boost its business
Bain & Company Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bain & Company are as mentioned:
1. Stiff competition from existing industry players means reduction in Bain & Company's market share
2. Fluctuations in currencies & recession affects international projects
3. Companies setting up their own knowledge centres
Bain & Company Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Bain & Company:
Bain & Co are experts in private equity and leveraged buyout solutions for companies
Bain & Company STP
Businesses in urban areas in various countries
Most clients are major private investment firms
Bain & Company are experts in financial services consulting
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bain & Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute