Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of KPMG analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In KPMG SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like KPMG to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. KPMG is one of the leading brands in the management & consulting sector.
The article below lists the KPMG SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the KPMG SWOT Analysis:
For KPMG, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of KPMG looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of KPMG :
1. KPMG employs 180,000 people spread over 150 countries 2. KPMG have an extensive geographic reach 3. There revenues are spread over various industries
4. KPMG is a top-of-the-mind consulting which has expertise in audit, tax, and advisory
5. Publishes many international knowledge and analytical publications
6. KPMG has been actively involved in sponsorship of many events
7. It is among the Big four auditors
8. KPMC has won several awards in the consulting, outsourcing, tax solutions etc categories
9. The brand has focused on marketing through advertisements and sponsorships to boost its brand image
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the KPMG SWOT Analysis:
1. Being a top consulting brand, sometimes it is unapproachable due to its high expertise and fees
2. Tough competition from big industry consultants as well as other knowledge consulting agencies means limited market share growth for KPMG
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in KPMG SWOT Analysis:
1. There are enormous growth prospects in emerging markets for KPMG 2. Increasing the spending on infrastructure may spur demand for advisory services
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can strengthen KPMG's position in the industry
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of KPMG are as mentioned:
1. Easing regulatory restrictions could foster competition 2. Recession would hinder the growth of business
3. Increasing competitor business means reduction in KPMG's market share
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of KPMG:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to KPMG. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute