Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cosmopolitan analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cosmopolitan SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cosmopolitan to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cosmopolitan is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Cosmopolitan SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cosmopolitan competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is one of the oldest women’s magazine in the world
Housewives and working women
Housewives and working women belonging to upper middle class
A magazine that caters to all issues related to womanhood
SWOT Analysis of Cosmopolitan
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cosmopolitan:
1. The magazine was first published in 1886 and hence is one of the oldest women’s magazines in the world. 2. The magazine has a vast readership, it has a monthly circulation of more than 3 million copies in USA alone. 3. The magazine has strong distribution networks in USA as well as in other countries. 4. The magazine has 63 international editions in 32 languages and is sold in more than 100 countries worldwide.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
Here are the weaknesses in the Cosmopolitan SWOT Analysis:
1. As it is a women’s magazine, the readership becomes quite limited. 2. The magazine has always positioned itself as a young women’s magazine which further limits the readership
Following are the Opportunities in Cosmopolitan SWOT Analysis:
1. If the magazine can manage the digital and social media space effectively its customer base will increase. 2. The range of issues covered in the magazine attracts both working women and housewives, which it can take advantage of.
3. If the local editions of the magazine stick more to the local flavor, the magazine can gain more popularity.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cosmopolitan are as mentioned:
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive environment which contains several big brands. 2. Most of its competitors are cheaper or competitively priced as compared to Cosmopolitan. 3. A number of lifestyle channels have come up for women and they cater to the same customer base.
Below are the top 3 competitors of Cosmopolitan:
1. Femina (India) 2. Marie Claire 3. Vogue
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cosmopolitan. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute