Forbes SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Forbes, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Forbes to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Forbes is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Forbes SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Forbes SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Forbes, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Forbes looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Forbes :
1. It is one of the most popular bi-weekly magazines in USA as well as rest of the world.
2. The feature of the list of world’s richest people is very popular around the world.
3. It has several global editions that cater to specific needs of each region.
4. The brand is very popular internationally.
5. Popular brand and a good reputation amongst its customer base.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Forbes SWOT Analysis:
1. The distribution networks of the global editions are not as well developed as those of some of the local magazines in the respective countries.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Forbes SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine can increase its readership by improving its availability in places outside USA.
2. The magazine can attract potential young customers by making its presence felt in the social media and virtual space.
3. By adopting an aggressive marketing and branding strategy in countries outside USA the magazine can increase its popularity.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Forbes are as mentioned:
1. The market in which the magazine operates is very competitive and has some big brands in it.
2. The popularity of the internet has adversely affected the popularity of the print media.
3. The global editions of the magazine face stiff competition from the local magazines in respective countries.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Forbes:
Hence this concludes the Forbes SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
“The Capitalist Tool”
The magazine is known for its lists of the World’s Richest People
Corporates and Entrepreneurs
Corporates and Entrepreneurs in USA and other parts of the world
A capitalist business magazine
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Forbes. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us