Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Readers Digest analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Readers Digest SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Readers Digest to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Readers Digest is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Readers Digest SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Readers Digest competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is one of the very few internationally popular family magazines
Readers Digest STP
Families belonging to middle class and upper middle class in USA and other parts of the world
It is general interest magazine that caters to the entire family
SWOT Analysis of Readers Digest
Readers Digest Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Readers Digest:
1. For several years, Reader’s Digest was the best-selling consumer magazine in USA. 2. The magazine has 50 editions in 21 languages and is circulated in 70 countries worldwide. 3. The small size of the magazine makes it very readable. 4. It is one of the very few magazines that feature stories that are similar to fiction.
Readers Digest Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Readers Digest SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine faces competition not only from the other magazines but also from pulp fiction. 2. Magazine sales have been severely affected due to more penetration of internet
Readers Digest Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Readers Digest SWOT Analysis:
1. The local editions of the magazine also have well developed distribution network, which the magazine must make optimum use of. 2. The magazine has a vast legacy of 90 years, which it can take advantage of.
3. The magazine covers a wide variety of topics through its articles and stories and thus caters to a broader base of readers.
Readers Digest Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Readers Digest are as mentioned:
1. Due to the availability of a lot of reading material and e-books on the internet, the popularity of Reader’s Digest is declining. 2. Regional language magazines are proving to be a threat to the local editions. 3. As the magazine is considered to be a leisure magazine it faces a threat from the increasing number of leisure options being available today.
Readers Digest Competition
Readers Digest Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Readers Digest:
1.Better Homes and Gardens 2.Family Circle 3.Good Housekeeping
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Readers Digest. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute