Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Harper Collins Publishers analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Harper Collins Publishers to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Harper Collins Publishers is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Harper Collins Publishers competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Publishing needs of literary, religious and spiritual books requirements
General books, Children books and Bibles and Christian books
Publisher of the bestselling books and
SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers
Harper Collins Publishers Strengthss
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers:
1. Harper Collins is the publishing subsidiary of the giant News Corp., 2. It has real page turners and bestselling books in its hand and more than 80 of its titles named as New York Times bestseller 3. It sells e-books through its website and other online retailers
4. Diversified publishing basket of goods including general books, children books and religious and spiritual books and Collin’s dictionary
5. One of the most widely recognized and respected brands in publishing
Harper Collins Publishers Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis:
1. Only an English language publisher 2. Not concentrating on growth opportunities in other kinds of printing and publications
Harper Collins Publishers Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis:
1. Providing books to libraries of different universities across the globe
2. Getting re-print rights of literature classics from other publishers 3.Improved investments in e-publications and online services to increase the revenue
Harper Collins Publishers Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers are as mentioned:
1. Self cannibalization of its paper publications by the e-publications 2. Increase in the competition from other global players 3. With an atmosphere of broad-based change, the publishing industry is reaching beyond traditional boundaries
Harper Collins Publishers Competition
Harper Collins Publishers Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Harper Collins Publishers:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Harper Collins Publishers. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute