Harper Collins Publishers SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Harper Collins Publishers to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Harper Collins Publishers is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Harper Collins Publishers, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Harper Collins Publishers looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers :
1. Harper Collins is the publishing subsidiary of the giant News Corp.,
2. It has real page turners and bestselling books in its hand and more than 80 of its titles named as New York Times bestseller
3. It sells e-books through its website and other online retailers
4. Diversified publishing basket of goods including general books, children books and religious and spiritual books and Collin’s dictionary
5. One of the most widely recognized and respected brands in publishing
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis:
1. Only an English language publisher
2. Not concentrating on growth opportunities in other kinds of printing and publications
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Harper Collins Publishers SWOT Analysis:
1. Providing books to libraries of different universities across the globe
2. Getting re-print rights of literature classics from other publishers
3.Improved investments in e-publications and online services to increase the revenue
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Harper Collins Publishers are as mentioned:
1. Self cannibalization of its paper publications by the e-publications
2. Increase in the competition from other global players
3. With an atmosphere of broad-based change, the publishing industry is reaching beyond traditional boundaries
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Harper Collins Publishers:
2.Simon & Schuster, Inc
Hence this concludes the Harper Collins Publishers SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Harper Collins Publishers Overview|
Printing & Publishing
World Leading Book Publisher
Publisher of bestselling books
|Harper Collins Publishers STP|
Publishing needs of literary, religious and spiritual books requirements
General books, Children books and Bibles and Christian books
Publisher of the bestselling books and
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Harper Collins Publishers. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us