Cablevision SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cablevision, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cablevision to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Cablevision is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Cablevision SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cablevision SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Cablevision, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cablevision looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cablevision :
1.Leading telecommunications, media and entertainment company
2. Includes portfolio of operations – advanced digital television, voice and high speed Internet services, local media and movie theatres
3. Possess regional barriers to entry asthey own exclusive government dictated rights to these services
4. Easy to add additional services
5. Owns natural monopoly as these services requires tremendous capital expenditure
6. Enjoys popular Optimum-branded communications services
7. Disney and Cablevision have signed a carriage deal thatincludes several new authenticated on-demand products
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cablevision SWOT Analysis:
1. High compression on digital channels causes picture to appear pixelized due to low bandwidth
2. Many have criticized advertising of "digital cable service" where most of the channels are broadcast in analog format
3. High rate of instability of the Scientific Atlanta cable boxes
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cablevision SWOT Analysis:
1.Network upgrades to triple-play services
2. Expand number of channels in order to compete with other channel providers
3. Acquisition of new subscribers
4. Extend the term of certain promotional offers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cablevision are as mentioned:
1. Usage of DVR leading to skipping of commercials is hurting the ability of advertisers to get their customer audience
2. Satellite communications providers threatens cable providers by skipping the need for a physical connection to homes or business
3. Carriage disputes
4. Retention of existing subscribers
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Cablevision:
Hence this concludes the Cablevision SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
We're your TV, phone, and internet company.
Cablevision's fiber-optic coaxial network provides the framework for this extensive cable cluster service
Subscribers of video, high-speed data and Voice over Internet Protocol ("VoIP") services and commercial data and voice services operations
High income and medium income group
Offers high-speed Internet connections, digital cable, and VoIP phone servicethrough its Optimum brand name.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cablevision. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us