Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Wiley analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Wiley SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Wiley to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Wiley is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Wiley SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Wiley SWOT Analysis:
For Wiley, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Wiley looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Wiley :
1. Global publisher of print and electronic products, specializing in scientific, technical, medical and scholarly journals, encyclopedias, books, and online products and services 2. Brings low priced local reprints of bestselling high priced educational textbooks 3. Portfolio of brands which contribute a variety of products 4. Meets all the target segment demands through Wiley-Blackwell, Wiley Plus and Wiley Global Education businesses
5. Well defined network of sales and distribution
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Wiley SWOT Analysis:
1. Core concentration is mainly on educational sector hence limited audience 2. High focus on English language publishing only 3.Serving low priced editions increases market share at an expense of high margins
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Wiley SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic acquisitions and mergers that could strengthen its position and can reduce costs 2. Business magazines and content Providing 3. Strengthen position in publications other than English language
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Wiley are as mentioned:
1. Emergence of E-publications, J-STOR, free online E-books 2.Decrease in the usage of prescribed textbooks by major institutes 3. Other global players entering into the company’s main segments
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Wiley:
Valued and respected provider of products contributing to knowledge and understanding
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Wiley. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute