Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of HT Media analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In HT Media SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like HT Media to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. HT Media is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the HT Media SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top HT Media competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Third largest print media delivering quality content
HT Media STP
General News following Category
English Speaking Audience ( HT Print Media) , Age -18-25(Fever 104)
Trustworthy news coverage for the people of India
SWOT Analysis of HT Media
HT Media Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of HT Media:
1. Increase in MINT Readership garnering market share in Metro and Tier-1 towns 2. Experience Management with focus on diversification 3.Strong brand name as it has brands like Hindustan Times, Fever 104 Radio etc
4. Wide reach across India with a strong readership
5. Good brand recall and widely recognised and available
6. Produces over 1.5 million copies per hour in nearly 20 facilities
HT Media Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the HT Media SWOT Analysis:
1.Increasing penetration of digital media could affect newspaper readership in the in the long term 2.News related controversies often create an issue
HT Media Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in HT Media SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing Advertising Yields and penetration in Tier-2 and Tier-3 2. Higher Margins from e-newspaper subscription 3.Fever 104 is a major threat to Radio Mirchi
HT Media Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of HT Media are as mentioned:
1. Raw Material cost increasing, putting pressure on margins 2. Weakness in Macroeconomic environment 3. Intense regional competition with few competitors taking national route
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HT Media. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute