Charter Communications SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Charter Communications analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Charter Communications SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Charter Communications to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Charter Communications is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Charter Communications SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Charter Communications SWOT Analysis:
For Charter Communications, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Charter Communications Strengths
The strengths of Charter Communications looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Charter Communications :
1. Leader in Internet service. With approximately 2 million residential telephone customers, Charter is the 10th largest provider of landline telephone service 2. High customer service with more than 16000 employees 3. High Brand Equity
4. Highly synchronized operations and market reputation
Charter Communications Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Charter Communications SWOT Analysis:
1. Slow Growth, Debt, Valuations, Declining Margins is a concern 2. Unutilized capacity in bandwidth usage affects operational efficiency
Charter Communications Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Charter Communications SWOT Analysis:
1. Change in national go-to-market approach and operating strategies designed to create competitive advantage 2. Enhancing products and service to increase revenue per customer, lower transaction costs and extend customer relationship 3. Compelling products, pricing and packaging encourage adoption of fully-featured services throughout the home
4. Charter is starting to see competition emerge from Internet-based video delivery services, such as iTunes and Netflix, which give producers a direct channel to consumers, and even free services such as YouTube
Charter Communications Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Charter Communications are as mentioned:
1. Competition from satellite and overbuilders for many years, 2. Charter is quite accustomed to competing with ILECs
Charter Communications Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Charter Communications:
Offering best-in-class Internet and competitive video and phone products in residential and commercial markets.
Charter Communications STP
Customer requiring advanced entertainment and communications,
Corporates, Executives, Urban Homes
Offering high-quality entertainment and communication services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Charter Communications. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute