Saregama India Ltd SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Saregama India Ltd analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Saregama India Ltd SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Saregama India Ltd to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Saregama India Ltd is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Saregama India Ltd SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Saregama India Ltd competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Become a significant film production house, with content aimed at Indian consumers both in the country and around the world
Saregama India Ltd STP
Music Audio business, Publishing and new media, Films business, TV software, Home video and publications business
Production houses, Music Directors, Musicians, Listeners, small time retail music stores, online music stores and artist management
Saregama has evolved into one of India's premier entertainment content companies by creating strong inroads into the production of cinema and television content, digital retailing, aggregation, radio programming and events.
SWOT Analysis of Saregama India Ltd
For Saregama India Ltd, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Saregama India Ltd SWOT Analysis:
Saregama India Ltd Strengths
The strengths of Saregama India Ltd looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Saregama India Ltd :
1. Acquired four reputed South Indian music labels – Sangeetha, Sargam, Pyramid and Sea Records.
2. Saregama is one of the oldest and the largest record label in India
3. Saregama has an inventory of more than 70000 songs and 600 cassettes and CDs
4. Custodian of nearly half of all music ever recorded in India
5. Saregama provides the largest music repertoire across all genres and languages
6. Bands and Artists under Saregama umbrella
7. Purchased tracks remain in the cloud
8. Saregama now offers its consumer the opportunity to purchase albums online
Saregama India Ltd Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Saregama India Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means scope for market expansion is limited
2. Involves too much capital expenditure
Saregama India Ltd Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Saregama India Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. Increased revenue through electronic downloads and ringtones in music industry
2. Indian television industry is likely to own 41% share in Indian advertising sector
3. Massive international presence of Indian film industry
4. Indian Radio and Animation industry is emerging fast
5. Generate publicity by giving away old tracks/single track from new albums under a CC license
6. Subscription based streaming services
7. Create platform to distribute merchandise
8. Expand its network of music, Get consumers to collaborate
Saregama India Ltd Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Saregama India Ltd are as mentioned:
1. Inflated distribution costs
2. Reduction in volumes due to piracy
3. Intense rivalry amongst competitors
4. Publication industry is overcrowded
5. High Entertainment tax also affects the revenue to some extent
6. High cost of acquisition of rights
7. Lacklustre performance of the film industry
8. Unorganised or unbranded music stores contribute a majority share of the music sales
Saregama India Ltd Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Saregama India Ltd:
1. Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd
2. Eros International Media
3. UTV Software Communications Ltd
4. Inox Leisure Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Saregama India Ltd. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute