Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Allergan analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Allergan SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Allergan to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Allergan is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Allergan SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Allergan competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Healthcare professionals offering solutions in these areas
Allergan is unique combination of biotechnology, pharmaceutical & medical device manufacturing which avoids bureaucracy in favor of fast & efficient decision-making.
SWOT Analysis of Allergan
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Allergan:
1. It is market leader in Botox manufacturing
2. It has more than 10000 well trained employees
3. They have strong product pipeline
4. Their acquisition of Inamed has given them considerable presence in aesthetics market
Here are the weaknesses in the Allergan SWOT Analysis:
1. Majority of revenue comes from US based operations
2. Limited presence in emerging markets
Following are the Opportunities in Allergan SWOT Analysis:
1. Britain has approved use of Botox in migraine treatment which has opened up new market
2. There is consistent increase in world obese population
3. Increasing US ageing population with more prevalence of neurological disorders
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Allergan are as mentioned:
1. Expiration of major patents
2. Global economic slowdown
3. Proposal to tax vanity procedure which is also called as ‘Botax’
Below are the top 4 competitors of Allergan:
1. Amgen Inc. 2. Genentech Inc.
3. Biogen Idec.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Allergan. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute