Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cipla analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cipla SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cipla to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cipla is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Cipla SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cipla competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Commitment to make medicines affordable and accessible particularly to cancer patients
AIDS, respiratory disease, cancer cardiovascular disease, arthritis
Customers of various flavors and fragrances, OTC products, prescription products, pesticides, agrochemicals, doctors
They use latest technology to concentrate all their knowledge of over seven decades in developing life saving drugs
SWOT Analysis of Cipla
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cipla:
1. Cipla has developed good positive image by providing support to cancer patients by issuing drugs at low cost 2. Imminent commencement of the Fixed-Dose combination for treatment of uncomplicated P. falciparum malaria to tackle the 200+ million cases of malaria globally
3. Initiation of ‘No Touch Breast Scan’ a step forward in the screening technology in India. 4. A foremost player in anti-infective and anti-asthmatic formulations. 5. Has a strong employee force of over 16,000
Here are the weaknesses in the Cipla SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from international and domestic giants means limited market share
2. Cipla had faced problems during negative campaign by AHF
Following are the Opportunities in Cipla SWOT Analysis:
1. It can venture into Alzheimer’s disease medication 2. They can use Viramune generic to achieve higher growth.
3. Increased investment in the budding markets, to push expansion in the global economy
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cipla are as mentioned:
1. Constant price rises in the Indian country is taking its toll and compounding the problem 2.The Indian Rupee depreciated as compared to the US Dollar
3. Fluctuations in currency exchange rates have a noteworthy impact on the Company’s operations and financial results.
Below are the top 4 competitors of Cipla:
1. Sun Pharmaceuticals 2. Dr. Reddy’s laboratories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cipla. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute