Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dr.Reddy's analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dr.Reddy's SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dr.Reddy's to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dr.Reddy's is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Dr.Reddy's SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dr.Reddy's competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Strong vertically integrated portfolio of products, businesses & geographies
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Custom Pharmaceutical Services (CPS), generics, biosimiler, differentiated formulations and News Chemical Entities (NCEs)
Healthcare professionals, retail outlets
Committed to providing affordable and innovative medicines for healthier lives
SWOT Analysis of Dr.Reddy's
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dr.Reddy's:
1. Company launched Peg-grafeelTM, an inexpensive variety of pegfilgrastim, used to fight infection in chemotherapy where company has sold some 1.5 million units of it. 2. Dowpharma/Chirotech acquisition provided proprietary chiral and biocatalysis technology 3.The acquisition of Beta pharma helped to introduce an array of generic products and show its presence in the European markets. 4. Has a strong workforce of over 15,000 employees
Here are the weaknesses in the Dr.Reddy's SWOT Analysis:
1. Discovery of drugs is a highly unpredictable business 2. Strict govt regulations and policies affects operational efficiency
Following are the Opportunities in Dr.Reddy's SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage Biologics & Cytotoxic Infrastructure to deal with the need of Oncology Market 2.New partnerships to develop Biosimiler business 3. Develop cost effective ways of new drug development to improve business in emerging markets
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dr.Reddy's are as mentioned:
1.Preliminary investment for Drug discovery is very high
2. long gestational period for new drug development
3. increasingly stringent regulations for new drug development
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dr.Reddy's. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute