Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Terumo analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Terumo SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Terumo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Terumo is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Terumo SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Terumo competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Respect for individual and promotion of intercultural understanding
Manufacture and sale of a range of medical products and equipment
General hospital products, disposable medical equipment, medical electronic products, diabetes care products
Terumo’s unique technology makes medical treatment kinder and gentler
SWOT Analysis of Terumo
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Terumo:
1. Robust product portfolio 2. Hospital products include syringes, infusion pumps, electronic thermometer and sphygmomanometer, diabetes care products 3. Strong R&D capabilities 4. Global presence mitigating concentration risks
Here are the weaknesses in the Terumo SWOT Analysis:
1. Product recalls have affected reputation/ loss of market share
Following are the Opportunities in Terumo SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic acquisitions likely to promote new growth opportunities 2. Focus on South East Asia to diversify production base 3. Strategic alliances likely to improve market position
4. Ageing population to spur product demand
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Terumo are as mentioned:
1. Stringent regulations could undermine domestic and international sales position 2. Cost containment measures in Japan could limit profit growth 3. Further reduction in reimbursement levels in Japan would put downward pressure on Terumo's top-line growth
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Terumo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute