Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Mankind Pharma analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Mankind Pharma SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Mankind Pharma to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Mankind Pharma is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Mankind Pharma SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Mankind Pharma competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the fastest growing companies through aggressive product launch and promotion strategies
Mankind Pharma STP
Medicines, OTC and FMCG products
All Indian households especially middle class
Company whose mission is to support a healthy & active lifestyle through a broad portfolio of Pharma, OTC & FMCG products
SWOT Analysis of Mankind Pharma
Mankind Pharma Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Mankind Pharma:
1. It is one of the largest pharmaceutical company in India and was ranked No.1 Company of India as per Prescription/Doctor/Month audit of IMS-Health
2. The company's product pipeline ranges from pharma to over-the-counter and FMCG brands, which include Adiction, Gas-O-Fast, Kaloree1, Kustody, PregaNews and Unwanted72
3. A strong distribution network with 62 C&F agents & 6000 Stockists.
4. Their ads are quite strong unlike other contraceptive brands; selling products in unconventional places like paan shops has helped product sales
Mankind Pharma Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Mankind Pharma SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence in very niche categories which constitute a very small part of consumer’s regular purchases
2. It is perceived more of a Pharma company and not that strong in FMCG
Mankind Pharma Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Mankind Pharma SWOT Analysis:
1. With growing awareness and modernization, the demand for its products is bound to rise
2. Related diversification into growing categories
3. With growth in modern retail, it should look into opportunities of how to cater to this channel
Mankind Pharma Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Mankind Pharma are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies 2. The needs that its brands cater to are not openly discussed in Indian culture which makes promotion and advertising a little difficult 3. Competition from unbranded and local products
Mankind Pharma Competition
Mankind Pharma Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of Mankind Pharma:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Mankind Pharma. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute