Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sigma Pharmaceuticals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Sigma Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Sigma Pharmaceuticals, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Sigma Pharmaceuticals looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals :
1. Most trusted brand of Australia
2. Strong wholesale and distribution network
3. One of the fastest growing players by sales domestic consumer healthcare market, which deals with non-prescription products in the healthcare and wellness segment
4. Advanced technological support like pick-to-light (PTL) system and adapted voice-directed picking as part of their comprehensive logistics systems
5. It is the owner of the big retail brands Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependent on limited number of customers
2. The company may lose focus if they enter into different segments (personal care, well-being products) all together
3. The market is dominated (90% of market) by 3 major players – API, Sigma, and Symbion Health; gaining more market share is a difficult task
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Awareness about healthcare is rapidly increasing, Sigma has a huge space to come up with healthcare and well-being products
2. It can divest pharmaceutical assets which could help the company in increasing its focus on core business
3.There is scope for development in areas of well-being and personal care. For example, Sigma’s key launch in 2013, Colour THEORY : selling high quality cosmetics which are only available at Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian pharmacies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals are as mentioned:
1. Reforms in pharmaceutical pricing scheme namely PBS reforms can create trouble for the company
2. The margins of the company may be hurt because of PBS because it may create a trade barrier between Australian and U.S. drug companies
3. Stringent rules against clinical trials and quality of drugs will require more stringent measures from the company leading to increased costs
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sigma Pharmaceuticals:
2. Symbion Health
3. Bickford’s Australia
Hence this concludes the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Sigma Pharmaceuticals Overview|
Sigma is parent company to pharmacy retail brands: Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian
AMCAL- Expert advice for every Australian; Guardian Pharmacy – Advice. Trust. Care.
Australia’s partner of choice for health, beauty and wellbeing
|Sigma Pharmaceuticals STP|
People who looking for quality drugs at an affordable price, seekers of healthcare products
Healthcare professionals, wholesalers, generic distributors, and hospitals
Quality and affordable pharmaceutical products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sigma Pharmaceuticals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us