Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sigma Pharmaceuticals to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sigma Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sigma Pharmaceuticals competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
AMCAL- Expert advice for every Australian; Guardian Pharmacy – Advice. Trust. Care.
Australia’s partner of choice for health, beauty and wellbeing
Sigma Pharmaceuticals STP
People who looking for quality drugs at an affordable price, seekers of healthcare products
Healthcare professionals, wholesalers, generic distributors, and hospitals
Quality and affordable pharmaceutical products
SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals:
1. Most trusted brand of Australia 2. Strong wholesale and distribution network 3. One of the fastest growing players by sales domestic consumer healthcare market, which deals with non-prescription products in the healthcare and wellness segment 4. Advanced technological support like pick-to-light (PTL) system and adapted voice-directed picking as part of their comprehensive logistics systems
5. It is the owner of the big retail brands Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependent on limited number of customers 2. The company may lose focus if they enter into different segments (personal care, well-being products) all together 3. The market is dominated (90% of market) by 3 major players – API, Sigma, and Symbion Health; gaining more market share is a difficult task
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Sigma Pharmaceuticals SWOT Analysis:
1. Awareness about healthcare is rapidly increasing, Sigma has a huge space to come up with healthcare and well-being products 2. It can divest pharmaceutical assets which could help the company in increasing its focus on core business 3.There is scope for development in areas of well-being and personal care. For example, Sigma’s key launch in 2013, Colour THEORY : selling high quality cosmetics which are only available at Amcal Max, Amcal and Guardian pharmacies
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sigma Pharmaceuticals are as mentioned:
1. Reforms in pharmaceutical pricing scheme namely PBS reforms can create trouble for the company 2. The margins of the company may be hurt because of PBS because it may create a trade barrier between Australian and U.S. drug companies 3. Stringent rules against clinical trials and quality of drugs will require more stringent measures from the company leading to increased costs
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Competition
Sigma Pharmaceuticals Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Sigma Pharmaceuticals:
1. Alphapharm 2. Symbion Health 3. Bickford’s Australia
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sigma Pharmaceuticals. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute