Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cochlear Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cochlear Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cochlear Limited is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Cochlear Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cochlear Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Designs, manufactures and supplies the Nucleus cochlear implant, the Hybridelectro-acoustic implant and the Baha bone conduction implant
Cochlear Limited STP
People with auditory problems
Healthcare professionals operating in these areas, individuals with hearing troubles
A cochlear implant is an established, effective and long-term solution for people with moderate to profound hearing loss. Cochlear pioneered the implant technology and is still the world’s industry leader.
SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited
Cochlear Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited:
1. COH is investing in research to redesign devices to enable manufacturing scale-up from a cottage industry to a production line 2. Management is also building the infrastructure to handle more revenue by investing in marketing and sales resources. 3. COH has a reputation of delivering the most reliable and safest implantable device provides strong brand awareness with hearing specialists
4. The company has over 2700 employees in over 25 countries
5. One of the most recognised companies in Australia
Cochlear Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Untapped markets due to lack of relationship with suppliers and other partners 2. Growing competition means limited market share 3.Huge investments in research and development means financial challenge
Cochlear Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Less than 10% of the profoundly deaf have an implantable hearing device, management expect they can exploit the immaturity of the global market 2. With increasing aging US population is expected to drive demand for hearing aids and assistive listening devices 3. Collaborative tie ups with hospitals, clinics, medical professionals etc.
Cochlear Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited are as mentioned:
1. Competition from local hearing clinics 2. The products require constant innovation to maintain the edge over the competitors
Cochlear Limited Competition
Cochlear Limited Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Cochlear Limited:
1. Hearing Company 2. Bedwetting device manufacturers 3. Sonic
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cochlear Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute