Cochlear Limited SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cochlear Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Cochlear Limited is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Cochlear Limited SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Cochlear Limited, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cochlear Limited looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited :
1. COH is investing in research to redesign devices to enable manufacturing scale-up from a cottage industry to a production line
2. Management is also building the infrastructure to handle more revenue by investing in marketing and sales resources.
3. COH has a reputation of delivering the most reliable and safest implantable device provides strong brand awareness with hearing specialists
4. The company has over 2700 employees in over 25 countries
5. One of the most recognised companies in Australia
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Untapped markets due to lack of relationship with suppliers and other partners
2. Growing competition means limited market share
3.Huge investments in research and development means financial challenge
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cochlear Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Less than 10% of the profoundly deaf have an implantable hearing device, management expect they can exploit the immaturity of the global market
2. With increasing aging US population is expected to drive demand for hearing aids and assistive listening devices
3. Collaborative tie ups with hospitals, clinics, medical professionals etc.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cochlear Limited are as mentioned:
1. Competition from local hearing clinics
2. The products require constant innovation to maintain the edge over the competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Cochlear Limited:
1. Hearing Company
2. Bedwetting device manufacturers
Hence this concludes the Cochlear Limited SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Cochlear Limited Overview|
Hear now. And always
Designs, manufactures and supplies the Nucleus cochlear implant, the Hybridelectro-acoustic implant and the Baha bone conduction implant
|Cochlear Limited STP|
People with auditory problems
Healthcare professionals operating in these areas, individuals with hearing troubles
A cochlear implant is an established, effective and long-term solution for people with moderate to profound hearing loss. Cochlear pioneered the implant technology and is still the world’s industry leader.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cochlear Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us