Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of India Cements analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In India Cements SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like India Cements to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. India Cements is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the India Cements SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the India Cements SWOT Analysis:
For India Cements, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
India Cements Strengths
The strengths of India Cements looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of India Cements :
1. India Cements was established in 1946. So it has an operational experience of many years.
2. It has 7 manufacturing plants in the country.
3. It owns Chennai Super kings franchise that has helped them build a strong brand value.
4. It is one of the largest cement company in India.
5. It also employs an efficient workforce of around 7500 employees
6. The brand is also associated with IPL cricket team Chennai Super Kings
India Cements Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the India Cements SWOT Analysis:
1. India Cements is alleged to have made controversial investments in Jagati Publications and Bharati Cements
2. Its operations are majorly focused in South India and Maharashtra, so its nationwide awareness is lesser.
3. Its export business is also very small as compared to it competitors in India.
India Cements Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in India Cements SWOT Analysis:
1. It should leverage its leadership in the southern markets to expand its operation all over India.
2. It should also emphasize on increasing its exports to other countries.
3. Policies of the Government would be pro manufacturing sector that would help Indian Cements to grow.
India Cements Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of India Cements are as mentioned:
1. It faces strong competition from global and Indian brands.
2. Local players in southern markets are also posing threat to the market leader.
India Cements Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of India Cements:
1. ACC Limited
2. Shree Cement
3. UltraTech Cement
4. Ambuja Cement
5. JK Cement
Hence this concludes the India Cements SWOT analysis.
Tier I/II/III cities, Public Sector/Private Sector, Customer/Builder
Customers and Builders in both Public and private sector in all tier cities
Leader of the market
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to India Cements. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute