Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of AIFF I-League analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AIFF I-League SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AIFF I-League to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AIFF I-League is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector.
The table below lists the AIFF I-League SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top AIFF I-League competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Competitive league working to promote and develop Indian football
AIFF I-League STP
Indian Football lovers
Indian football enthusiasts Men of age group 15-60
Competitive league with the best Indian players in action
SWOT Analysis of AIFF I-League
AIFF I-League Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AIFF I-League:
1. Home-grown league and gives a chance to all Indian players to develop their game 2. Have IMG Reliance as Broadcast Partners 3. Foreign talent from Africa and South America plying their trade, leading to a development of the league 4. Highly competitive league which also has the age old rivalry of East Bengal vs Mohun Bagan
5. Extremely popular in Bengal, Goa and a few other states
AIFF I-League Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the AIFF I-League SWOT Analysis:
1.Poor financial status of most of the teams 2.Most teams are institutional teams and hence lack professionalism 3.Most clubs have poor marketing plans which explains the dismal average attendance of 4000 per game 4.Lack of merchandising and TV revenue for the teams
5. Poor quality of most of the fields, resulting in injuries to players
AIFF I-League Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in AIFF I-League SWOT Analysis:
1.Tap into the growing market of football lovers in India, who have grown up watching the European leagues, but have a keen interest in Indian football as well 2.Develop academies and nurture local talent in a better way 3.Have a better marketing plan, and try and increase revenue from merchandising
4. Improve the quality of the stadiums which will in turn ensure high attendance
AIFF I-League Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AIFF I-League are as mentioned:
1. Emergence of IPL and other leagues in hockey, badminton etc may further reduce the interest in the I-league 2.The growing popularity of the English Premier League and other European Leagues is taking the lion’s share of the football merchandising market, and this dominance is only likely to grow even further.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AIFF I-League. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute