English Premier League SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of English Premier League analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In English Premier League SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like English Premier League to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. English Premier League is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector.
The article below lists the English Premier League SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the English Premier League SWOT Analysis:
For English Premier League, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
English Premier League Strengths
The strengths of English Premier League looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of English Premier League :
1. Best marketed football league across the world 2. Presence of global superstars in the various teams 3. Very few weak teams-resulting in a highly competitive league 4. Presence of some of the best managers and teams like Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc
5. The revenue sharing model among the 20 teams is a very good model, which prevents the top teams from dominating the league
6. Continuous excellent performance by its teams in the Champions League
7. Most popular football league in Asia
English Premier League Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the English Premier League SWOT Analysis:
1. The level of technical skills of the players is inferior to that of other comparable leagues like Spanish La Liga and German Bundesliga 2. Failure to retain superstars like David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo cause brand dilution 3. Lack of homegrown superstars in the league
English Premier League Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in English Premier League SWOT Analysis:
1. Tap the growing markets in India and China by setting up academies 2. Opportunity to leverage into its huge fan base through merchandising
English Premier League Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of English Premier League are as mentioned:
1. The growing popularity of the other Euopean leagues due to the presence of top stars and teams 2. The top 5-6 teams may decide to form a separate league so that they get to keep the major chunk of the revenue they generate 3. Big spending clubs may destroy the competitive structure of the league in the future by continuing to splash millions of dollars on players
English Premier League Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of English Premier League:
Football, we know how you feel about it, because we feel the same
A highly competitive league which has followers across the world, a huge chunk of which comes from Asia, making the league the most profitable one
English Premier League STP
Billions of football lovers across the world
Football enthusiasts especially men in the age group 15-60
The most competitive football league
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to English Premier League. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute