Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of EE analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In EE SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like EE to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. EE is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the EE SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the EE SWOT Analysis:
For EE, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of EE looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of EE :
1. More than 27 million customers somce its existence.
2. main strengths of EE is the largest coverage, including biggest 3G network across the UK
3. the company operates the largest amount of retail stores, 570+ (including 100 franchise stores), which located on the high streets and shopping malls
4. EE launched 4G service long before other rivals that allowed giving access to over 70 % of UK population, making it the market leader.
5. Sponsorship of big football and movie events increases brand visibility
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the EE SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand recall is very week due its recent launch compared with established brand names.
2. EE is mainly targeting the business segment and thus losing out on individual consumers
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in EE SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing market for telecommunication industry 2. Great platform of B2B business growth for EE, especially with its broad 4G services. 3. Increased smart phone ownership and increased mobile phone usage
4. As the market leader of 4G service, it can boost its revenue by selling more 4G enabled phones and through post-pay contracts.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of EE are as mentioned:
1. Future growth potential of 4G may lead to intensive competition which might result in EE losing its market share & position
2. Increased number of IT attacks on mobile phones can discourage customers from using the data functions on their handsets that
will significantly affect the company’s margins 3. Introduction of various VoIP and instant messenger applications for phones can significantly decrease the use of EE voice services
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of EE:
No other network is bigger, faster & more reliable
4G services market leader & first mover
Fixed line and mobile telephony, broadband
Positioned as UK’s biggest 4G network
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to EE. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute