Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Swisscom analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Swisscom SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Swisscom to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Swisscom is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The table below lists the Swisscom SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Swisscom competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
We open up new possibilities; Everything for your mobile phone.
Switzerland's leading telecom provider
Mobile, fixed and Internet protocol (IP)-based voice and data communications
Residential Customers, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises,
Corporate Business, Wholesale, and Networks and IT
Swisscom fosters close ties with its target groups - shareholders, employees, suppliers, the public and, above all, its customers, through quick & secure services and building good experiences
SWOT Analysis of Swisscom
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Swisscom:
1. Strong Market Presence in home market 2. Strong Customer Base with over 6 million mobile customers and around 1.7 million broadband connections 3. Revenue Growth in Switzerland, sustaining revenues 4. Its workforce is made of approx 20,000 employees 5. Unique and eye-catchy advertising
Here are the weaknesses in the Swisscom SWOT Analysis:
1. Operations are heavily dependent on Switzerland only 2. Limited presence across Europe as well as the world
Following are the Opportunities in Swisscom SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic Initiatives like organizational re-jig 2. Investment in Network Expansion across Europe 3. Growth in Telecommunications Services across the region
4. Increasing Demand for Mobile Broadband
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Swisscom are as mentioned:
1. High Competitive Pressure due to newer entities
2. Rapid Technological Changes ranging from 3G to 4G services 3. Global Economic Slowdown especially in the EURO region
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Swisscom. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute