Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sprint Nextel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sprint Nextel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sprint Nextel is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the Sprint Nextel SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis:
For Sprint Nextel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Sprint Nextel Strengths
The strengths of Sprint Nextel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sprint Nextel :
1. Strong Brands like Sprint, Nextel, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Assurance Wireless across geographies 2. Sprint Nextel has leading Service Offerings like 3G and 4G offerings and innovative offers 3. Robust Research & Development helping to incorporate newer technologies and providing better service 4. Sprint Nextel has over 30,000 employees service over 60 million customers
5. Nextel brand also operates in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Peru
6. Sprint Nextel has a strong partnership with Softbank, giving it a strong financial backing
7. Strong advertising and marketing of Sprint Nextel brand is done through sponsorships, movies, sports etc
Sprint Nextel Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global reach of Sprint Nextel as it is concentrated primarily in Americas 2. Server competition in technology and services means increasing investments and limited market share
Sprint Nextel Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing Demand for mobile service and broadband is a huge opportunity for Sprint Nextel 2. Strategic Alliance with Apple, Google, Sun Microsystems etc. 3. Increasing Demand for 4G Technologies globally can be tapped
4. Newer innovation and technological advancement can be beneficial for Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sprint Nextel are as mentioned:
1. Global Economic Slowdown across US and other geographies 2. Competitive pressures from the incumbent players can affect business of Sprint Nextel 3. Rapid Technological Changes in the telecommunications sector
Sprint Nextel Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Sprint Nextel:
Sprint Nextel is amongst the top wireless telecommunications network in the US as well as one of the largest long distance provider
Sprint Nextel STP
Wireless and Wire-line voice and data transmission services based on code division multiple access (CDMA), integrated Digital Enhanced Network (iDEN), or internet protocol (IP) technologies
Users of wireless & wire-line services, CDMA wireless services on a wholesale basis to the major resellers in the US as well as a reseller for Clearwire Corporation’s WiMAX wireless services
Using Sprint Nextel services would ensure that everyone is connected and stay together
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sprint Nextel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute