Costa Cruise SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Costa Cruise analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Costa Cruise SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Costa Cruise to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Costa Cruise is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Costa Cruise competitors and includes Costa Cruise target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Part of Carnival Corporation & Plc, world’s leading cruise ship operator
Costa Cruise STP
Costa Cruise Segmentation
Vacation goers, casual tourists
Costa Cruise Target Market
The elite class who like to travel in luxury
Costa Cruise Positioning
Best of Italian hospitality, cuisine and entertainment around the world
Costa Cruise SWOT Analysis
Costa Cruise Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Costa Cruise:
1. Being part of such a large company it has significant cost advantage over its competitors 2. Known for tons of entertainment onboard the cruise ship, christened “Fun Ships” 3. Global presence with 25 ships with more to be inducted 4. Over 250+ different destinations worldwide and 60 embarkation ports
5. Operations in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Caribbean, Central America, South America, Indian Ocean, Far East and Africa as well as Grand Cruises and Around the World cruises, that allow guests to visit different continents in a single holiday
6. Very high customer satisfaction, majority of the passengers served were satisfied
7. Excellent brand presence and marketing due to strong parent brand
Costa Cruise Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Costa Cruise SWOT Analysis:
1. Cases of accidents in the past have affected the brand image 2. Intense competition and very less service differentiation as compared to all cruise liners
Costa Cruise Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Costa Cruise SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion from Cruise line to Luxury Liners, which will give higher margins as well as elite customers 2. Addition of more ships will help the company to address the rising demand for cruise services across the world 3. Merge with other smaller players to increase number of ships and capture higher market share
4. Very low market penetration in Asia of cruise liners and growing demand for luxurious vacations especially in China
Costa Cruise Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Costa Cruise are as mentioned:
1. Carnival Corporation the parent company of Costa Cruise has been allegedly taking advantage of tax loophole which has enabled it to avoid paying US corporation taxes till now, new tax regulations could change that 2. Increasing awareness about environment and newer environmental regulations could eat into company’s profits 3. Accidents can affect the brand image and business
Costa Cruise Competition
Below are the top 3 Costa Cruise competitors:
1. Royal Caribbean Cruise line 2. Star Cruise Line 3. MSC Cruise
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Costa Cruise. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute