Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Europa Park analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Europa Park SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Europa Park to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Europa Park is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Europa Park SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Europa Park competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The park claims to have some of Europe’s most thrilling roller coasters
Europa Park STP
Teen market, youngsters and families
Young population living in Germany and the rest of Europe
The park offers a condensed European experience through its 15 theme parks
SWOT Analysis of Europa Park
Europa Park Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Europa Park:
1. It is the largest and the most visited theme park in Germany 2. It is one of the top most popular seasonal theme park in the world and Europe. 3. The park receives more than 4 million visitors every year 4. The park is home to some of the best roller coaster rides in Europe 5. Good brand visibility and brand awareness
Europa Park Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Europa Park SWOT Analysis:
1. The park is seasonal and does not operate for almost 5 months in a year. 2. In spite of being a very popular theme park in Germany, the park is not very popular outside Europe.
Europa Park Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Europa Park SWOT Analysis:
1. The 15 distinctly themed areas of the park based on different European countries constitute a great variety. 2. None of the other theme parks in Germany can match Europa Park in terms of popularity and offerings. 3. The park is easily accessible; it has at least 4 regional airports and a train station close by.
4. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park can try to increase its customer base.
5. By introducing new attractions from time to time, the park can attract more and more visitors.
Europa Park Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Europa Park are as mentioned:
1. Its proximity to Disneyland, Paris, which is a hugely popular international brand, is a threat. 2. Germany, as a tourist destination is mainly known for its trade shows and commercial areas and not for its amusement parks. 3. The absence of a strong parent brand can hurt the popularity.
Europa Park Competition
Europa Park Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Europa Park:
1. Disneyland, Paris 2. Park Aventura, Spain 3. Phantasialand, Germany
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Europa Park. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute