Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Port Aventura analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Port Aventura SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Port Aventura to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Port Aventura is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Port Aventura SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Port Aventura competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The park is divided into 5 distinctly designed theme areas to provide a diversity of experience
Port Aventura STP
Teenagers, youngsters and young families
Youngsters and young families living in Spain and other parts of Europe
Provides an exciting journey around the world through its theme parks along with some thrilling rides.
SWOT Analysis of Port Aventura
Port Aventura Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Port Aventura:
1. It is the most visited theme park in Spain with around 3 million visitors per year 2. It is the largest theme park resort in the south of Europe and one of the most visited theme park in the whole of Europe 3. It has high brand visibility and popularity in Spain and Europe 4. The park features around 100 live performances daily and plenty of seasonal events.
Port Aventura Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Port Aventura SWOT Analysis:
1. It has fewer attractions for children than some of the other theme parks in Europe. 2. In spite of being the most popular park in Spain, the brand is not very popular internationally
Port Aventura Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Port Aventura SWOT Analysis:
1. With proper marketing, the park can make itself known internationally and can try to attract more international visitors. 2. The recent addition of the new ride in the China area and the enlargement of the water park can attract visitors. 3. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park is trying to increase its customer base.
4. By introducing new attractions from time to time, the park can attract more and more visitors.
Port Aventura Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Port Aventura are as mentioned:
1. As compared to some if its European competitors like Disneyland Paris and Parc Asterix, it has a limited number of attractions. 2. The park doesn’t have as much of merchandising capacity as some of its European competitors. 3. The park doesn’t have a very strong positioning statement for people from outside of Spain.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Port Aventura. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute