Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Choice Hotels analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Choice Hotels SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Choice Hotels to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Choice Hotels is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Choice Hotels SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Choice Hotels competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Middle class, high tech youths, extended stay, backpackers, value driven leisure travelers, pet friendly hotels
A global hotel chain that emphasizes on good services with a good value.
SWOT Analysis of Choice Hotels
Choice Hotels Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Choice Hotels:
1. Affordability and high quality service giving a unique customer experience 2. USAs first hotel chain 3. Franchises more than 6100 hotels in over 30 countries and territories. 4. Very strong presence in US
5. Diverse portfolio
6. Expansion is easier due to the franchise model
7. One of the world’s largest lodging franchisor
Choice Hotels Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Choice Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited international presence and is dependent on the Indian market
2. Difficult to maintain control over each franchise
3. Sales team is too aggressive leading to a loss in credibility
Choice Hotels Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Choice Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and expansion overseas 2. Service expansion 3. Rising income
4. Emphasis on promotional programs and packages to increase loyalty
Choice Hotels Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Choice Hotels are as mentioned:
1. Competitors, Indian/international venturing into the segment 2. Local hotels/inns with better offerings and a legacy to back them up 3. Franchise customers can move to other such brands (eg. Best Western)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Choice Hotels. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute