Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Serco analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Serco SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Serco to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Serco is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Serco SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Serco competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Provider of frontline services and business process outsourcing services
Operates public and private transport and traffic control, aviation, military weapons, detention centres, prisons and schools on behalf of its customers
Small & medium sized contracts from the government
Positioned as a leading provider of business process outsourcing services
SWOT Analysis of Serco
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Serco:
1. Strong order backlog that showcases the company’s ability to win new contracts and ensures strong future revenue
2. Unique offerings in a variety of domains like personnel and family support services, data centers and call centers, apart from providing outsourcing, procurement, customer services and consulting services.
3. Leading market position with a strong competitive edge
Here are the weaknesses in the Serco SWOT Analysis:
1. Fluctuation of the company’s revenues is a concern
2. Limited geographic concentration is a worry
Following are the Opportunities in Serco SWOT Analysis:
1. Implementation of strategic initiatives that are aimed at enhancing its business operations and existing product line
2. Growing BPO services market.
3. Possibilities of getting new, large scale contracts
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Serco are as mentioned:
1. Prone to risks due to increasing IT complexity
2. Very competitive market with a lot of players
3. Rapid Technological Changes which demand introduction of new products frequently
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Serco. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute