Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Serco analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Serco SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Serco to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Serco is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the Serco SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Serco SWOT Analysis:
For Serco, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Serco looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Serco :
1. Strong order backlog that showcases the company’s ability to win new contracts and ensures strong future revenue
2. Unique offerings in a variety of domains like personnel and family support services, data centers and call centers, apart from providing outsourcing, procurement, customer services and consulting services.
3. Leading market position with a strong competitive edge
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Serco SWOT Analysis:
1. Fluctuation of the company’s revenues is a concern
2. Limited geographic concentration is a worry
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Serco SWOT Analysis:
1. Implementation of strategic initiatives that are aimed at enhancing its business operations and existing product line
2. Growing BPO services market.
3. Possibilities of getting new, large scale contracts
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Serco are as mentioned:
1. Prone to risks due to increasing IT complexity
2. Very competitive market with a lot of players
3. Rapid Technological Changes which demand introduction of new products frequently
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Serco:
Provider of frontline services and business process outsourcing services
Operates public and private transport and traffic control, aviation, military weapons, detention centres, prisons and schools on behalf of its customers
Small & medium sized contracts from the government
Positioned as a leading provider of business process outsourcing services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Serco. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute